Books & Articles
Federal False Claims Act and Qui Tam Litigation
By Joel Androphy
(Law Journal Press 2010)
Goals of This Treatise
This treatise will assist the plaintiff’s bar in communicating with the client, and in investigating, filing, and litigating qui tam actions. Plaintiff’s counsel needs information that will guide him through the factual and legal intricacies of pursuing a FCA case, and an objective view of how the case will be handled in the particular venue.
The treatise will also assist the defense bar in preventing, anticipating, and responding appropriately to qui tam filings. Defendants face not only civil litigation, but also criminal consequences for their conduct. The parallel nature of these proceedings mandate specialized expertise.
Finally, this treatise will provide guidance to all parties in developing a beneficial relationship with all departments of Government. Sometimes this issue is the most complex. The Federal Government has its own distinctive agenda about the case in general, the settlement process, and the role of each party. This is even more confusing and conflicting when the states have interests and want to protect their rights.
These differing agendas will substantially affect how the various parties interact. This is where most other “authoritative” works fall short. They view the FCA through a single lens and ignore how the statutes and judicial opinions affect all the players. This treatise remedies these deficiencies.
White Collar Crime
By Joel Androphy
White Collar Crime is the most complete and comprehensive discussion of federal white collar crime ever assembled. Newly updated and released as a 6 volume set with over 950 forms on CD ROM, WCC 2d covers substantive laws, legal procedures, and evidentiary issues in 51 chapters.
There is also a chapter discussing false claims and the federal qui tam laws in “White Collar Crime”: Civil and Criminal Practice Treatise.”
- “Georgia Taxpayer Protection False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, August 29, 2012
- “Indiana False Claims and Whistleblower Protection Act,” www.hg.org, August 29, 2012
- “Illinois Whistleblower Reward and Protection Act,” www.hg.org, August 10, 2012
- “Colorado Medical Assistance Act,” www.hg.org, July 20, 2012
- “Connecticut False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, July 20, 2012
- “Delaware False Claims and Reporting Act,” www.hg.org, July 20, 2012
- “Georgia False Medicaid Claims Act,” www.hg.org, July 20, 2012
- “Hawaii False Claims Act for False Claims to the State,” www.hg.org, July 20, 2012
- “The Intersection of the Dodd-Frank Act and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: What All Practitioners, Whistleblowers, Defendants, and Corporations Need to Know,” Vol. 59, The Advocate: Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas, Summer 2012 www.hg.org, January 31, 2012
- “Defense Contractor Fraud,” www.hg.org, January 3, 2012
- “Prevailing Wage Laws and the False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, January 3, 2012
- “New York City False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, December 8, 2011
- “District of Columbia Procurement Reform Amendment Act,” www.hg.org, December 8, 2011
- “Gathering Evidence in Qui Tam Actions,” ALM: Medical Malpractice Law and Strategy, April 2012, www.hg.org, December 8, 2011 and CafePharma.com, November 18, 2011
- “California False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, September 22, 2011
- “Florida False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, September 22, 2011
- “False Claims Act Damages in Antikickback and Self-Referral Cases,” American Bar, Health Law Section, esource, Vol. 7, No. 10, June 2011
- “Survey of Penalties and Damages in False Claims Act Cases,” www.hg.org, June 8, 2011
- “Survey of Damages in False Claims Act Retaliation Cases,” www.hg.org, June 8, 2011
- “False Claims Act Penalties,” www.hg.org, June 2,2011
- “False Claims Act Damages,” www.hg.org, May 25, 2011
- “Best Value and the False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, October 19, 2010
- “Fraudulent Medical Billing and the False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, October 19, 2010
- “Pharmaceutical Best Price Obligations and the False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, October 19, 2010
- “Government Procurement Fraud and the False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, October 18, 2010
- “Defective Medical Devices and the False Claims Act,” www.hg.org, October 18, 2010
- “Honest Doctors Do Not Fear The Aggressive Pursuit Of Health Care Fraud,” Westchester Ny Guardian, May 2010
- “The Perils of Off-Label Marketing, Scrip Magazine,” September 2005
- “Whistleblower and Federal Qui Tam Litigation – Suing the Corporation for Fraud,” 36 False Claims Act & Qui Tam Quarterly Review 63, 2005
- “Federal Qui Tam: The Government’s Watchdog,” 42 Houston Lawyer 18, January / February 2005
- “Whistleblower and Federal Qui Tam Litigation – Suing the Corporation for Fraud” (PDF) 45 S. Tex. L. Rev. 23, 2004
- “Bringing Rogues to Justice: The Qui Tam Provisions of the False Claims Act” (PDF), 65 Texas Bar Journal No. 2, February 2002
- There is also a chapter discussing false claims and the federal qui tam laws in “White Collar Crime: Civil and Criminal Practice Treatise,” 4 volumes with forms on CD ROM (West Group, 2004), authored by Joel M. Androphy.
- “Keeping up with Sentencing Under the New Federal Guidelines,” (PDF)
By Joel M. Androphy – Gone are the days when your five-year old could determine the range of punishment for one of your criminal clients.
For more qui tam articles, please view Joel Androphy’s attorney profile.